ABOUT THE CLIENT
Olio group is active in the retail sector, specifically in the retail sale of fuel (petrol stations) and vehicle maintenance, as well as the provision of accessories, food and catering services usually associated with such sites. Founded in Luxembourg, he has more than a hundred employees across the Grand Duchy, in eight sales outlets and at the administrative headquarters. The sales outlets are operated by a team of multi-skilled customer advisors (reception, stock and shelf management, product information, technical knowledge of the site in terms of hygiene and safety, etc.) and are managed by a dedicated team.
Due to the nature of Olio Group business, the company’s various sales outlets employ highly versatile staff to complete a wide variety of tasks. For some years now, he has defined a career plan for its employees, in order to promote people internally, to encourage the development of skills and internal mobility for key positions and, more generally, to structure their approach to talent management.
The health crisis has had a serious impact on this sector of activity, which is heavily dependent on on-site presence and intervention, many of the teams have been affected by upheaval with unusually high mobility between the various points of sale. This has destabilised the existing teams and relations between colleagues.
MindForest has supported Olio Group by implementing a professional and personal development campaign for its site-management teams, as part of its policy of career plan consolidation.
MindForest’s main objectives for this mission were to:
TOOLS, METHODS & ACTIONS
THE PROJECT OUTCOME
- Thanks to the individual MBTI personality questionnaire, which enabled the participants to become aware of their personal characteristics, and how these contribute to or hinder their effectiveness at work.
- This provided a starting point to capitalise on their individual strengths and to start thinking about their development as a manager (professional) and as an individual (personal).
- Identification of concrete and measurable individual development areas including the definition of objectives (for each member of the management team), as well as success indicators.
- The provision of individual coaching enabled the management staff to work on their identified development areas, in particularly those defined during the MBTI personality questionnaire.
- By investing in this support, the client has demonstrated a real mark of recognition towards its management teams.
- This approach aimed at identifying personality types, strengths and areas of development, as well as the provision of dedicated space and time, is in complete alignment with the career plans defined by the employer.
- Thanks to activities aimed at creating a better understanding of their colleagues: how they operate, communicateand interact (work behaviour) and take decisions as a team.
- By working on each other’s differences in a constructive way in order to develop the management team’s effectiveness and to promote evolution in terms of the performance of its duties and future ambitions