Technical Writer/DITA Specialist
Founded in 2000, MindForest is a consulting company specialized in change management, which operates both in Luxembourg and in an international context. MindForest puts the human factor at the centre of its consulting activities by highlighting relevant high priority factors such as commitment, values, experience, social links, communication, emotions, competencies not to mention creativity.
MindForest guides companies throughout their projects linked with organizational restructuration, improved performance, increased competitiveness and durable development, whilst still maintaining change management as the key component. The Touch of Content Team (www.touchofcontent.com) produces a large range of support materials (such as user manuals, brochures, but also videos and animations) in order to communicate information or instructions in an intelligible and attractive way to a targeted audience.
As part of our expansion, we are looking for a full-time
As an expert in your field with a can-do attitude and a sense of initiative, you will be involved in the creation of an exciting new field of business in our team.
- The implementation of modules and structured writing methodologies and norms based on DITA (Darwin Information Typing Architecture) methods in order to become involved in the creation of a new line of products of technical documentation, you will collaborate with other team members and with clients:
- During the design phase to gather information and to gain an understanding of the desired documentation.
- To identify content material with illustrators and graphic designers
- To propose solutions for producing content such as user guides, technical specification sheets and brochures using all types of media (print, online documentation, web) from the conceptual stage through to final delivery.
- To analyze users’ requirements and fulfill the role of an intermediary to translate messages into a form of intelligible information suited to the target audience
- As a documentation professional, you will recommend potential improvements to documentation processes and will improve the efficiency and attractiveness of interface-integrated documentation
- You will also create, edit and maintain technical documentation for publishing and considering areas of content re-use as necessary for
- A degree in technical writing and communication, (computational) linguistics or a related field, with at least three years of working experience in DITA and other markup languages (HTML & XML) as well as in methodologies such as single-sourcing
- The ability to imbibe as yet unknown information about a subject and/or concept
- The capacity to analyze, summarize, structure and present this information in a variety of forms and formats
- Fluent in English and French (with the ability to write creatively at a high standard)
- German and/or Luxembourgish constitute an advantage